Thursday, June 23, 2011

Inspiration Workshop - Week 4 - Play

This week's inspiration is all about what you would like to do when you have fun.  Something I have not gotten to do in a very long time.  Sigh.  The joys of being pregnant while having a toddler. 

Probably the most fun I have ever had was when this bar called Ringside in Durham, NC had a Soul Night one Saturday every month.  Local DJ's would spin reggae, soul, motown, and R&B all night.  It was amazing.  They also didn't card me and sold Long Island Ice Teas in 16 oz. glasses for 8 bucks...  Sooo...  I had a lot of fun.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures from those nights because I was always dancing.  I mean really dancing.  As in one night my friend had to fireman carry me out of the place while I was clawing at the walls dancing.  I did find this picture that I have always liked of a couple of skinheads dancing.
 
skinhead raggae soul night

Sigh.  Those were the days.  I miss them so much.  But I am glad they're gone.  I don't think I could handle that now like I did then.  I'm happy with the way things are today, I just miss those times.  I'm sure every "grown-up" knows what I'm talking about.

What do you enjoy doing?  What do you wish you could do now that you did when you were younger?