Thursday, June 16, 2011

30-Day Journal Challenge

It has been a couple of days since I have done the journal challenge.  Sigh.  I started it so I could finish it!  I guess I need to just take baby steps.  I have had a lot on my mind lately with the baby, being sick, and trying to find a house that we can move into by next Friday (which I found!).  Here are the challenges for Tuesday and Wednesday.  I will not be doing today's because it is a scavenger hunt, and I have nothing in my house!  Am I using this moving thing too much as an excuse? :)

Tuesday's Prompt:  List your wants and needs
30 day journal challenge the tattooed housewife

Under the needs I have money and love.  Money isn't necessarily a need, but it definitely buys everything I need like food, clothing, and shelter.  The wants are a sewing machine, our own home, a plane with a clover on it (supposed to be symbolizing a trip to Ireland), and going to college.  I will be purchasing my first sewing machine by the end of this month.  I am so excited!!!  I can finally do something with the pile of fabric I have in my craft box.  My husband and I have been talking about renting a house versus buying one.  It seems like it would be so much cheaper to buy right now instead of renting, since the housing market sucks!  I really want us to have OUR home.  Somewhere we can paint and really start decorating.  The trip to Ireland is self-explanitory.  The going to college?  Not really something I am totally excited about doing, but its something I want to do.  Our family is not going to do too well on one income when Dan is out of the Army.  Thought about going to school to become a teacher.  I have time to decide, though. 

Has anyone recently took the dive and bought a house?  Do you have any advice?

Wednesday's prompt was to write down your favorite quote:
the tattooed housewife 30 day journal challenge

I found this quote repinned by a friend on Pinterest today.  I have no idea who said it, but its pretty awesome and totally true.  The closer I get to having this baby, the more I start thinking about working out.  The house we will be renting is a block away from the city greenway I walk on, and I am going to start going to my yoga classes 4 times a week again.  I cannot believe how fast yoga got me into shape!  Not to mention how fast I got flexible.  I can start working out in October!  Seems so far away!  I may be in Minnesota by then.  Sigh.  Can't really work out too much when its freezing out and there's snow on the ground!

Is there any readers that are from colder climates?  How do you stay fit in the winter?