Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I Needle Some Inspiration

Haha, like what I did there?  So cheesy.  Anyways, lately I haven't been sewing with my machine much, because I have had no energy or motivation to set everything up.  My set-up kind of sucks at the moment.  Its in the corner of my bedroom and not everything is out and ready for me to sew.  I have been knitting a lot, though.  I have my stuff in a bag right beside the couch, so anytime I have some spare time I sit and knit.  Its so relaxing.  I love it!  Plus, it takes nothing to just open the bag and get my needles and yarn out.


I'm almost done with this little robe/jacket thing I decided to make for my daughter with no pattern.  I don't think its going to come out that well, but I have to finish it!  I finished the back and front and ran out of pink yarn I was using.  I thought I had more.  I was a little disappointed when I opened my yarn box and had none!  I had to start using this yellow yarn that's not the same feeling at all!  And its bigger!  So, the sleeves are going to look a little strange.  Oh well.


I've been looking around for some vintage knit patterns that were a little on the easy side.  I've been knitting for awhile, but I haven't really expanded my skills passed the basics.  I am trying to do that by putting together a piece for me using a pattern.  I have really only done my own stuff...  Maybe that's why most of it turns out the wrong size!  Here's a couple I would really love to do!


vintage knit patterns
I don't know what this one was called, but its cute!  {Source}
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns
vintage knit patterns

Most of these were from The Vintage Knitting Lady.  I highly recommend you go and look at everything she has!  They are amazing!!!  Do you know of any other websites that have awesome vintage knit patterns?  I would love to know what they were!