Monday, September 5, 2011

Finished Projects: Cinderella Doll and Foofa Backpatch

I know I haven't been blogging much, but I have been working on a couple of projects.  Its really helped me to stay calm and not start bawling that Lizzy hasn't showed up, yet!  Plus, sitting at this desk is not the most comfortable position right now.  I cannot wait to have my own body back!!!  Hopefully, this time tomorrow she will be here!


A couple of posts ago I showed you the Cinderella fabric that had directions and cutouts to make a Cinderella doll.  This was such an awesome way to learn a couple of more techniques, and it was pretty fun.  I finally finished the doll and my daughter loved it!
cinderella doll

I also had some extra felt left over from a purse I made her awhile back.  I had no idea what to make, but I remembered she had a jean jacket that had NO patches on it, yet.  One of her favorite shows is Yo Gabba Gabba, so I had to sew on one of the characters.  The majority of the felt was pink, so Foofa was it! 
foofa back patch yo gabba gabba jacket

I still have so many things to do.  I have a whole pile of jeans and shorts my husband wants me to put buttons on or hem, I really want to make my daughter an apron and mitt for her kitchen, a bunch of projects in my Stitch by Stitch book that I'm using to learn to sew, finish knitting my daughter's robe/jacket that I've been working on FOREVER, and I wanted to try to sell some drawings that I haven't even started yet!  Its a great time to start wanting to do all this stuff with a baby coming.  I don't think I'm going to get too far on it in the near future.  Hopefully, I will be able to find time for myself...  I still have to work out and finish school!  Its going to be a busy end of the year!


I don't know when I will be posting next since I have to be at the hospital at 8am tomorrow morning.  I also don't know how long I will have to stay in there.  With my first it was 48 hours after the baby was born.  Ugh.  I hate hospitals!


I hope everyone's long weekend was good!  Have a good rest of the week if I don't talk to you before then!