Friday, September 9, 2011

Elizabeth Mary is here... And so is my new camera!

newborn feet poses for feet
My daughter finally made it into the world on Tuesday, September 6th at 2:39 p.m.  She was 7 lbs 15 oz and 19 1/4 inches.  The labor went so well!  Checked into the hospital at 9 am and she was here a couple of hours later!  It was insane!  
newborn baby
I can't explain how happy I have been these past couple of days.  Even though I have had barely any sleep (and when I do, it only lasting 3 hours) its been wonderful.  My older daughter Maggie has been really sweet to Lizzy and has been pretty patient for a 2 1/2 year old.  I'm trying really hard to get back into the swing of things, catch up on my blog, keeping up with my projects, and doing school.  So far it hasn't worked!  I've only been home since Thursday, so I'll give myself a break. Just know I haven't forgotten about my blog!  I've missed it!  
daddy with newborn baby
My mom kept Maggie at home while I was in labor and stayed with her the two days I was in the hospital.  I don't know what I would do without my mom.  She is only an hour and a half away and has helped my little family so many times I can't keep count.  I don't know what I'm going to do when I move to Minnesota.  I'm going to miss her so much!  


Wednesday I got a package in the mail.  It was my new camera!  I finally broke down and bought it.  Sigh.  I know I shouldn't have, but I'm so glad I did.  I got it on Ebay for $250 and it turned out to be an awesome purchase.  I made sure I bought from someone who had 100% positive feedback as well as a refund policy.  I got a Canon Rebel XT that included a memory card and lens.  I've been playing with it for a little bit and am trying to learn how to do everything on it.  I thought I was going to have time in the hospital to read the manual, but I was sleeping whenever I had a chance.  I'll get around to it...  I hope!
cape fear valley hospital food
daddy and new baby
newborn baby
newborn baby in swinging swing
sleeping english bulldog
These were just a few shots from this week that I have taken.  I really love it.  Its very easy to use and takes amazing pictures compared to my last one.  They're so clear!  No more grainy images!


I hope everyone's week was as good as mine.  I'm going to get back to doing the lists everyday.  Hopefully I'll be able to manage more than that!  Have a good weekend!