Friday, September 23, 2011

Organized Chaos

I have been working a couple of weeks on a little knit robe for my daughter.  I'm not using a pattern, well, not one that I bought.  I'm using something that I made up myself.  Does anyone else try out their own patterns?  I guess I get impatient and just want to create, and I don't want to take the extra time to pick out something.

See what I mean by organized chaos?  I'm surprised I can actually read this with all the changes I have made!  
your own knitting pattern
I'm also doing a little experiment of trying to "emboss" the fabric by using different stitches.  That's my pattern to follow.  It hasn't really been working that well, I have already messed up in a couple of places, but Maggie won't be able to tell.  Its definitely a learning experience!
embossing on fabric
That's what I love about crafting.  You have the freedom to do whatever you want and there are no rules.  Sometimes it turns out horrible, but sometimes you can get amazing results.  Let's hope this turns out amazing!


Do you have any techniques you tried and they came out awesome?  What about ones that just flat out failed?