Wednesday, June 1, 2011

About Me: A to Z

I found another fun thing to do today over at one of my favorite blogs, Love Elycia.  Seems like there's stuff like this popping up everywhere!  I don't know what it is about girls and surveys, but filling them out is fun.  I remember I had a Kerropi notebook when I was younger that all my friends filled out.  I wish I still had that thing.
A. Age:  24
B. Bed size:  Queen.  I love our bed.  We have one of those Sealy Posturpedic mattresses and cotton sheets, so they are never cold when you get in it.
C. Chore that you hate:  Cleaning my and my husband's bathroom.  Yes, I have to clean his bathroom.  Otherwise, it would not get done.  And folding laundry.
D. Dogs:  White English bulldog named Brutus.
E. Essential start to your day:  A shower.  I hate not taking a shower first thing in the morning.  Having a kid does not help me accomplish this.
F. Favourite color:  Any shade of green.  But I have been really liking teal lately.
G. Gold or Silver:  Silver.
H. Height:  5'7"
I. Instruments you play:  I used to play the tenor saxophone.  I miss it so much!  I had to give it up cause I quit the school band.  I could have been awesome, too!  Sometimes I think about picking it up again and starting a soul band.
J. Job title:  Soon-to-be medical transcriptionist, but until then stay-at-home-mom.
K. Kids:  Maggie who is 2 and another little girl on the way at the end of August.  That is going to be a horrible time when they're teenagers.  All girls hate their mothers during their teens.
L. Live:  Fayetteville, NC until my husband gets out of the Army!  Woo!  Then St. Paul, Minnesota!
M. Mother's name:  Sarah...  with an "H."
N. Nicknames: 
Barbrie, Barb, Babs...  But not too many people use them anymore.
O. Overnight hospital stay:  Only time I know about is when I had my daughter.  Ugh, it was awful.  No sleep after staying up all day and night to have my daughter.  I had to get up every hour or two to feed her, while her daddy got to sleep.  NOT FAIR!
P. Pet peeve:  Ugh, I have so many.  Dinner manners, like starting to eat before everyone else has started, people that are mean to their waiter, dishes sitting on the counter instead of being put in the sink, toilet paper that is under, not over, Books/DVDs that are upside down on the shelf, people that don't use their blinker, people that talk incredibly loud to other people or their cell phone in public...
Q. Quote from a movie:  "Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?"  Mmm, said by Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs.  He looks so good in that movie.  Plus, he's a bad boy...  in a suit...  that smokes...  and has a gun.
R. Right or left handed:  Right.
S. Siblings:  Two sisters.  Anna and Katie.
T. Time you wake up:  Around 8-9.  Depends on when my daughter wakes up.  But I stay up till around 1 doing school work after everyone else goes to bed.
U. Underwear:  Yes, I wear them.
V. Vegetable you hate:  I'm not really sure.  I have liked everything I have tried so far.  Even brusselsprouts.  Maybe there's a crazy one I haven't tried, yet.  Oh wait, anything spicy.
W. What makes you run late:  Making sure I have everything I need for my daughter, or when she starts freaking out.
X. X-Rays you've had:  Teeth and on my knees.
Y. Yummy food that you make:  Blueberry pancakes, guacamole, blueberry/strawberry pie, an awesome pasta salad I made last night!
Z. Zoo animal:  This is a hard one.  Otters, seals, and baby pandas are really cute.  Oh my god, so are baby elephants.