Friday, June 10, 2011

30-Day Photo Challenge

The subject today was to take a photo of a childhood memory.  This was really easy for me.  I was one of those girls, as many of you I'm sure were also, that liked to play with all the boys.  I was a tomboy, and I LOVED Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I'm not talking about the new Anime version either, I mean the real cartoon from the 80s/early 90s.  I had everything that was TMNT:  shirts, sleeping bag, lunchbox, action figures, and a really awesome van that shot plastic pizzas.  But, I got older and had no plan of having kids anytime soon, so I got rid of all of it. 

That's where this little gem comes in.  I found it awhile ago in a toy store and had to get it.  I don't know why.  I guess I felt bad for giving all my toys away.  Kind of like Andy in Toy Story 3.  Which if you haven't seen it, you should.  It made me bawl!  At least now my kids will have a little something from my childhood.  Although, I'm not really sure how Maggie will like this since she is really girly.  Oh well, we'll see.  I'll still enjoy it every now and then!

leonardo action figure teenage mutant ninja turtles

Tomorrow's photo:  Something blue.