Thursday, August 4, 2011

Home Tour: Uptown Minneapolis, Minnesota

I have not written in awhile.  No internet and having to drive 24 hours straight on Monday is the main reason.  Then when I get home our air conditioning is broken...  AGAIN!  We spent Tuesday night in 87 degree heat in our house.  I felt so bad for our daughter and our bulldog.  It was not fun.  Luckily, its now fixed and I slept a ton yesterday.  I am now refreshed and will be posting regularly again!

While I was in Minneapolis, we stopped by a friend of my husband's family.  His house is AMAZING!  He lives in a really nice part of Minneapolis called Uptown.  It seems like a richer part of town and there is awesome shopping around.

The guy's name is Gerry and he is an antique junky.  That is not a bad thing at all - its actually my dream!  Everything in his house is so unique and has a story behind it.  And he knows every single thing about every single item.  Its like a museum.  I could stay in there all day!  The pictures are only from the basement.  There's a whole other floor that I didn't photograph!  Next time...

vintage sign

vintage sign

vintage bathroom

vintage bathroom

vintage bathroom

vintage basement

vintage basement

vintage bar

vintage arcades

vintage bar

vintage arcade

vintage cash register

vintage pipe collection

Some of the pictures are a little blurry.  My camera wasn't cooperating with me, and I didn't have much time to take many pictures.  They do not do the house justice!  I really want something like this one day.  I don't think I could ever get bored in a house like that.

Does anyone you know have a house that you admire?  Why do you admire it?