Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Terrible Tuesday!

Today started off as such a good day.  My husband, Dan, had to jump out of an airplane today, so Maggie and I went to watch.  He bumped his head a little on his landing but turned out okay!  Here's a small series of pictures that show the sequence of events:

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Dan with all his gear on standing with Maggie.  It was so hot out there.  Maggie made a good decision to bring an umbrella!

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Dan before the jump.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
C-130 landing to pick up Dan and the rest of the paratroopers.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Landed fine!

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Shot of all the guys that will be boarding the plane.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Waiting to board.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Maggie and I trying to stay cool under her Hello Kitty umbrella.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Getting ready to take off with all the guys on board!

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Takin' off.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Takin' off still...  Its crazy how slow these things move and still manage to get off the ground!

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
About to fly around and drop the troops.

82nd airborne paratrooper jump
Almost time!


Here's a video of all the guys jumping.  Dan is somewhere after the truck.  Haha.

We got to hang out with Dan a little bit after his jump.  I picked up some lunch and we ate with him in his office before he had to start working again.  Maggie and I drove back home and my E.L.F. cosmetics package was at the front door!!!  I was so excited!  Thanks to Chaplinn's post over at Mini Penny about the 70% sale E.L.F. was having, I got $45 worth of stuff for $19!!!  

e.l.f. cosmetics
My Stash!  From the top, left to right:  Two pigment eye shadows, a dual eye shadow pack, 4 pack of eye shadow, lip plumping gloss, Beauty Book:  Bright Eyes Edition, 100 palette eye shadow (this wasn't on sale, but it was only $10!  This is still the price today!), and a make-up brush set.

So, I was pretty much on cloud 9 trying out my new shadows and stuff.  I started doing some laundry and sat on the couch to rest a little since I had been out all day.  All of a sudden I start hearing water coming from my hallway bathroom.  I go in and discover sewage spilling all over my bathroom floor from the toilet!  Then it starts coming out of the tub!!!  Both of my bathrooms were like this!  It was absolutely awful.  Since I'm so emotional right now I just started bawling while I was on the phone with the maintenance manager at our rental agency.  I didn't think anything would be fixed since we had this problem last week and it took forever for someone to come out, but they sent someone right away!  Luckily, it will be fine until tomorrow when someone else will bring a camera to look and see what the real problem is so they can permanently fix it this time.  I will be so happy when this happens.  This house has been such a nightmare!

I hope everyone had a better day than I did!  I will be back to posting normally tomorrow.