Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday: Neal Scoggins

Since I featured my husband's tattoo artist not too long ago, I figured I should do mine as well.  His name is Neal Scoggins and he tattoos at Oak City Tattoo in Raleigh, NC.  This guy tattooed me the day I turned 18.  All my tattoos are by him except a couple of small pieces I have gotten.  Not only is he an amazing artist, but he's really awesome and makes the whole process really comfortable...  even if he's tattooing somewhere where a little more skin than normal shows.  He has a really unique style.  I can't really explain it.  Its kind of traditional, but there are tons of more details.  Make sense?  I'm doing something a little different this week and showcasing his artwork instead of his tattoos.  Not that his tattoos suck, cause they definitely don't.  His artwork is amazing.  His use of color and his understanding of composition makes his pieces really wonderful.  Wish I had the money to buy a couple!!!  
neal scoggins yellow bird
neal scoggins soul painting
neal scoggins miss muffett painting
neal scoggins mermaid painting
neal scoggins flapper girl paintingneal scoggins flapper girl painting
neal scoggins pig painting
neal scoggins snake and woman painting
All of these pictures were found on Neal's Myspace page.  If you live in the area, or want to travel to get tattooed by him, visit Oak City Tattoo.  


Do you know of any artist that is amazing and you want to see featured?  Email me!