Monday, October 17, 2011

House on the Hill

house on hill in old fort, nc
This weekend we spent time at my step-father's house in the mountains.  It was built from 1904 to 1906 and the inside shows it.  But I will show the inside later this week.  Here's a couple of the things we saw over the weekend!


old school 50s caravan trailer
This was behind the house hiding behind a tiny shed!

view from the side of the mountain old fort, nc
View from the house.

andrew's geiser old fort, nc
Andrew's Geyser not far from Old Fort.

autumn in north carolina
The leaves were so pretty!  The weather was perfect also.

cafe in north carolina mountains
Cute cafe we went to eat lunch at in Black Mountain.

the bukowski
I got "The Bukowski." A ham sandwich on rye bread after his "Ham on Rye."  The waiter handed it to me and said "the buskuski."  He obviously didn't read.

yellow fall leaves pretty
This tree was outside of the farmer's market we went to.  It had the prettiest yellow leaves with a hint of green.  I wish I could have taken it home with me.

tobacco road antiques asheville, nc
Tobacco Barn Antiques - 70,000 sq. ft. of thrifting goodness.  I'll show the pictures from inside in a later post!

sunset grove park inn
The view from the Grove Park Inn where we stopped to have drinks.  It was so beautiful.  This picture doesn't capture it.  Especially since you can see the reflection.

car show old fort, nc
Such an amazing car.

airstream trailer
Another awesome trailer hiding from me!

We had such a great time this weekend and it was sad we had to get back home.  The weather was so perfect.  I'm going to miss these amazing falls in North Carolina.  The beginning is always clear and in the 70s.  Sigh.  I'm going to have a rude awakening in Minnesota!