Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Got Plastic Bags?

plarn roll
plarn tote
I'm pretty sure everyone has a place in their house designated for plastic bags.  And most likely it is over flowing.  If you're like me, your speed of throwing things away in your bathroom is not as fast as how many times you go to the grocery store or Target, but I can't bring myself to throw them away!  Well, now I don't have to.  I found possibly the most useful DIY I have ever seen from Etsy's "How Tuesday" series.  It teaches you how to make plarn (plastic yarn) and crochet yourself a tote perfect for carrying groceries!  Look at this bag!!!
plarn tote
I don't know how to crochet, but I really need to learn now.  This is so inspiring and would make me feel so good to make!  I really would like to know who thought of this idea, because they are now a genius in my eyes.  


Have you or anyone you know tried making one of these?  How'd it turn out?  I'd love to know!

Pictures from The Etsy Blog:  How-Tuesday: How to Make Plarn & Crochet an Eco-Friendly Tote Bag