Monday, April 11, 2011

What I Want to Do

I always need to write stuff down, otherwise I forget it.  Even when its something that I want to do in my life I need to.  It is pretty sad that my memory is that shot!  I guess its from being a mom.  So, here are a couple of things I want to do in the near future - meaning, the next couple of years.

Learn to Sew


I really want to learn how to sew.  I have been obsessed with looking at blogs dealing with what people have created.  It is so inspirational and I am so jealous!  I have found so many people modeling these amazing dresses that they have sewn from yards of fabric and thread.  I really love the vintage look (who doesn't), but to wear them everyday would be so expensive.  If I could learn how to do it myself, it would be so rewarding and probably a little less expensive.  Plus, all the clothes would fit me perfectly. 
I have a little girl and another on the way and I know there would be so many things I could sew for my kids, too.  I've seen alot of tutorials showing how to make felt food and I know that would be so much fun for me to do and for my kids to play with!

Have My Own Garden


I have started a container garden in my backyard, but one day I would really love to have a garden that I get all my produce and fruit from.  Its so much fun to watch all your plants grow!  The area I live in now is in the Sandhills of North Carolina and growing in the ground is next to impossible.  I had to make some self-watering containers out of rubbermaid containers, which have actually worked incredibly well. 
I will be moving to St. Paul, Minnesota in the spring of 2012.  I really can't wait.  I know the winters are horrible, but it is a great place to get information about self-sustainment.  There is even a store downtown where you can buy chicks to raise your own chickens!  I know I would probably have to have some kind of heated porch in the winter to grow all my plants, but it would be soooo worth it!  And probably better pest control if all the plants were inside!

Open My Own Online Shop


My husband has been in the Army the entire time we have been married.  He has worked to support our family with no question.  Next year, he will be getting out (FINALLY!) and we will be moving.  Whenever we get settled in Minnesota I want to take some sewing classes and after i get good, I want to start selling some things.  I understand it will probably take some time to get some skills, especially some good enough to sell, but it is something I have always wanted to do.  I also used to draw alot, so maybe I could sell some artwork.  I don't know what else I could do!  I am going to school for medical transcription now.  I hope that will help out some.  My goal is to do things from home, so I can stay home with my kids until they are old enough to go to school. 

Three things?  That's it?  I thought I would have had alot more than that.  Oh well, I'm sure I will have another post about this sort of thing sometime soon!