Saturday, May 28, 2011

Washington DC Trip: Train Fun

Dan and I dropped Brutus off Thursday night and left Maggie with my mom at breakfast Friday morning. I already miss her little face! It didn't help when my mom called and Maggie told us "I love you, daddy. I love you, mommy." I hate and love leaving her at the same time.

Written Friday:
So far the trip is good. Although, I am only an hour into our train ride. If you've never rode a train, you should if you don't mind long hour rides. You have SO much more room, your seat goes all the way back, and you have a foot rest that pops up. We're riding from Durham, NC to DC and the ride is about 6 1/2 hours. It would be shorter in a car, but since its Memorial Day weekend and we're going there, traffic would be horrible!!!

I am starting to get a little nervous. I tried to make sure I packed everything, but its hard when you wait until the last minute. I am such a bad procrastinator. Actually, I guess that would make me a good one. To get back to my point, I forgot my deodorant. Sigh. Its horrible. We were in such a rush this morning that I forgot to borrow my husband's, too! So now, ever so often, I have to "scratch my head" and see if I smell. Really hope there's going to be somewhere I can buy some. I hate smelling bad!

reading books
Pretty much how he spends most of our trips together.

white farm house
Scenery

funny pictures
Taking funny pictures.

old building
Cool Building 1

Dave's furniture
Cool Building 2.  Really wish I could have stopped here!

old building
Cool Building 3

making friendship bracelets
Dan assisting me with my friendship bracelets I'm making for Craft Hope.

lillypad pond
Pond full of lillypads.

macro setting for eye closeup
Being on a train for 6 1/2 hours can get boring.  If you're ever bored you should take closeup pictures with the macro setting on your camera.  Haha, its pretty entertaining.

dc grafitti
DC grafitti

dc grafitti
DC grafitti
Now to work on Day 1 and Day 2 Posts!  I'm so behind!