Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Last 5 Pins

I am a follower of the Pinterest.com blog and they did a really good article where they asked people what their last 5 pins were.  This was such a good idea, that I now have to do it.  I'm kind of curious to see what they were, too.  I pin so much, they all mesh together!

I love big floppy hats.  I don't know if its because I'm from the south, or what, but they're awesome.  Not only are they cute, but they will save your skin from the sun, which I need!  I love sitting out on my back porch and looking at my garden.  Sometimes I'll take out my embroidery and work on it there, too.  If I could find one that is perfect I would buy one!  San Diego Hat Company has some amazing ones, but they're $50.  I'm wondering if I should just do it.
floppy summer hat
Photo Credit
I love vintage housewares so much.  I especially love the little details that come in objects as small as this clock.  It adds so much character.  I cannot wait to own my own home so I can start collecting!

blue atomic clock
Photo Credit

I would love to get to the point where I would actually need a project like this to get rid of my scrap fabric.  One day I will!  Its such a great idea, though.  I really need to start crafting, so I can do it!
scrap fabric canvas art
Photo Credit

This wall is so awesome!  Its in Germany, and when it rains, the water collects in the metal funnels and goes through the pipes and makes music.  How crazy is that?!  I really wish I could hear it.  You would never find stuff like this in America.  You would probably have to have a permit first.  I need to go to Europe!
musical rain funnel in germany
Photo Credit

This is really funny.  But it is also sad.  There's so many people out there who do not read.  AT ALL.  As in ANYTHING.  No blogs, no magazines, newspapers, nothing.  A girl I met recently asked me, "Do you read?"  And I just started laughing, because you do have to ask that.  You can't just ask "What book are you reading?" anymore.  But this is also funny, because I love watching reality shows.  Not really Jersey Shore, but the Bachelorette.  It is the cheesiest show, but I have to watch it.  It is probably fixed, too, but I'm addicted.   They're my stories!
book suicide because of jersey shore
Photo Credit